NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little over 2 years ago my then 10yr old daughter endured a ten hour surgery to remove a benign brain tumor. After 4 days Duke Children's Hospital released her and it was time to go home and start the healing.

Fast forward to 2014

All is well with my daughter and she is passionate about fishing with her Daddy. She asked if she could start fishing with "fake baits" because she has grown tired of fishing with squid (because it stinks):D

I set her up with a Skitterwalk, gave her a brief rundown on how to work it and away she went.

Second cast.......FISH ON DADDY!! I watched her fight this fish for a couple minutes and she wasn't making any progress so I stepped in to assist. She caught her first drum and she was tickled beyond belief.

Drum measured in at 21.5 inches. Daddy could not have been more proud of her.

Sidenote: She now wants me to buy every topwater bait I can find that looks "fishy but fake"

Water Cloud Smile Sky Vertebrate

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice, I like a happy story. I think the fish your kids catch count double.
Agreed! Her excitement was priceless. All together we boated 10 fish that day, only three keepers but she never tired out, she was in it for the long haul. Can't wait to get her out again next weekend.

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will do Rick. I'll give u a shout if we're down. Trailered the boat home to do some maintenance. Haven't decided if we're going this wkend. I'll be in touch if we do. Catch a limit if I don't see ya.
I trailered mine home as well, several small things needing done. Unable to get done when she's parked in Ocean Isle

·
Registered
643 Posts
That is awesome, good for her!
My daughter is due in 3 weeks and all I can think about is getting her into the sport young! Great job boss!

I have a baby chest rig and a big Sun hat ordered so I can start taking her out fishing young!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pgarick

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is awesome, good for her!
My daughter is due in 3 weeks and all I can think about is getting her into the sport young! Great job boss!

I have a baby chest rig and a big Sun hat ordered so I can start taking her out fishing young!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She is daddy's little girl! She is so much daddy's girl that she'll sit down and watch SEC football with me and pull for my Gators. Doesn't get any better than that :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
You are truly blessed as is your daughter. Nice catch and you must be very proud of her. With all the troubled children in this world, you have one of the special ones. Be well and keep her on the water. God bless you both.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.