NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my son's friend Tyler and my boy up to Jordan today and they had a great time.
I think they had cabin fever as well as they pretty much cut loose and had some fun out on the boat today.

Though we didnt catch nothin, we did have some nibbles and stolen bait (what I affectionatly call "fishin on credit" as they kept bringin up empty hooks) :)

But good to be out, lot's of boats and folks fishin which was cool and seem'd like crappie was the fish of the day. Didnt hear too much jibber jabber on the stripers, and think there was a tourny today.

So here's a couple pix to share:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Dave, glad to hear everyone enjoyed the day. I couldn't help but notice something that seemed to be the cause of the short bites, bait stealing and general lack of catching. Look carefully at your depthfinder picture. Do you see it? It's plain as day...them fish are swimming around with their mouths closed. Next time make sure they have their mouths open.;) And I thought you of all people knew how to use a fishfinder....:D

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya know, I almost left that pic out Al. (didnt want to look like a knuckle head to "real" fishermen). :eek:

What's funny is your probably right! We definately shoulda looked for the fish with their mouth's open.. ha ha hah a ha ha... Thanx for that.. I'll use that next time for sure!;)

Yeah, my son is so into readin sonar now it's kinda cool, can be really anoying though.. once he learned what a submerged RR bridge looked like, EVERYTHING is a submerged bridge.. ha ha ha ha ha... Them boys kept readin off depth data, temp data, they flip flop'd from the helm sonar to the humminbird on the back... I they definately know how to flip thru and change the menu's and not tell no-one! :)

I set the FF on the "fishies" symbols for the boys... at least it "leads them to believe" those are actually fish!!! ha ha ha ha.... just one of dadda's tricks in the bag. :p

Note to self... go change sonar back to "arches" tonight before fishin buddies ride me like a shetland pony! :eek:

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe Dave and two boys were happy also.
Yup,, didnt have momma(s) tellin us we couldnt buy candy, bubblegum, soda... etc.. :) :) :)

I find it strange though... to come home after a 'hard' day fishin with the youngsters and even 'momma' is happy! Tyler's mom was in disbelief I could keep him captive audiance and no fightin or bickerin from 10 a.m till 4 p.m.

I probably had more fun listenin to them two's X talk with each other... lot's of facts I wasnt aware of..

Giant crocodiles bigger than this truck
Dinosoaurs used to live on the sun
Tylers dad's boat is faster than mine
Samantha at school kisses all the boys
Tyler can chew his toe nails.. and so can Levi...
Gummi worms catch big fish (Hmmm.. where have I heard that before.....??)
Levi can stuff 20 peices of bubble gum in his mouth

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.