NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[video=youtube;C7dqOOdB8Ls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7dqOOdB8Ls&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Im taking a few of these down to the pier this coming weekend and see how they work. In the meanwhile, if you have any tips in improvements let me know. I'll be making more and different styles over the coming weeks. I'll update on how they work after this weekend.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you're trying to fix something that isn't and hasn't been broken for years honestly. But who knows. Might be the next big thing to hit the planks.
Yeah, I cant disagree with that. Right now its just an untested idea, it's gotta work first, dont wanna get ahead of myself.
If anyone knows about tinkering and finding time to kill while not catching fish, it's Kingers. I know a lot of kingers who pour their own anchors...if you have the time to do that, you might just have the time to build a mag pop-off. Agian, it's gotta work. testing this weekend. let yall know how it goes.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think if it's gunna catch on, Its not gunna be with the veteran kingers. They have there method that works for them and don't need to change. Maybe the younger or fresher kingers will get into this.

Rivpirate, now that you said it, it is rather bulky isnt it? there's ways it can be slimmed it down. appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Those silly kingers... Stuck in their ways. Lol. Another point that is important to me is that buying super rare earth magnets sounds a lot more expensive than a roll of 180 hard wire that I can make hundreds of pop offs with

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You'd be surprised:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ANVAHI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
With amazon prime it's free shipping, $6.69 for 100 mags.

I bought these in may just cause they were so cheap with no idea what it'd used them for. work great as unobtrusive fridge mags and I put a couple on my tools and stick them to the side of my table saw. They're awesome! I was making a few pop-off rigs last night when this whole idea came to me.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
All great things started as an idea that alot of folks doubted at first and one guy was hard headed enough to keep tweeking on it until he could make everyone a believer and he ends up making a few bucks.

I dont know the specifics of the latest and greatest king set ups but I know basically the idea. Anchor line which your baitfish slides down and somekind of way for it to release when a fish takes it.

If you have magnets and a rubber band and the rubber band breaks before the magnets let go whats the point of having magnets or having the rubber band in addition to the magnets? Why not just connect the rubberband to a rig that slides down the line without the magnets?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you have magnets and a rubber band and the rubber band breaks before the magnets let go whats the point of having magnets or having the rubber band in addition to the magnets? Why not just connect the rubberband to a rig that slides down the line without the magnets?
You make a good point. I always wondered why you couldn't use just a thin rubber band that snaps under like 5 pounds of pressure. I'm a reletive rookie at kinging so I dont know. The rubber band I was using was very old and I sorta tore it up playing with the thing so much. I put a rubber band on there thinking it would work as a shock absorber and let the magnets hold better under a jarring strike and miss. I'll have to find some new thicker bands to use for this before I go to wilm.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Yea, I question the strength with the hobby lobby clasp. I've got to look into that. But that is a great form to follow if It could be beefed up. something like that could be great..the metal form itself could be made out of lead...hmmm.
that will be 10% of annual gross earnings please.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.