NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the stream for the first time in several years on the 27' Wahoo, Flying Fisherman. Starting working a nice weedline. On the fish as soon as we got the spread set. Picked up 14 mahi, several that were 30+. Stopped trolling at 12 went to the bottom for a little while. 1 nice red grouper, 3 tiles and an assortment of other stuff. Beautiful day, saw a guy out there in a 20' CS :confused: Not sure that was a good idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice fish and report. We heard about the 20' CS on the radio but did not see it-- besides questioning the sanity of making that run in that boat, we were trying to figure out how he carried enough fuel to get there and back...

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Unless my memory fails me, in my younger days on a little 16' recreational 50 HP outboard boat I could run it several hours at ~25 MPH on 18 gallons (3 - 6 gallon tanks). We took that boat a few miles into the Atlantic off Key Largo, not knowing any better. It was a zoo out there, so there was some safety in numbers but in retrospect it was pretty wack...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Carolina Skiff. Was newer boat so he probably had a 4 stroke. I don't know those boats very well but I'll bet they hold at least 50 or 60 gallons of fuel. Probably quite a bit more than they used.
I've got a 24' CS and it only holds 42 gals. The 19 and 21 have a 30 gal tank on them. But they will get 5mpg so that will give some good range. Not that I want range on my skiff.

Speaking of which I need to get that thing out and get the cob webs off of it. Have not taken her out since January of 2013.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Think mine would have cobwebs too if I had that OTHER skiff sitting in my yard lol
BTW any skiff out that far is just nuts

I've got a 24' CS and it only holds 42 gals. The 19 and 21 have a 30 gal tank on them. But they will get 5mpg so that will give some good range. Not that I want range on my skiff.

Speaking of which I need to get that thing out and get the cob webs off of it. Have not taken her out since January of 2013.

Reactions: brickphil
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.