NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the stream for the first time in several years on the 27' Wahoo, Flying Fisherman. Starting working a nice weedline. On the fish as soon as we got the spread set. Picked up 14 mahi, several that were 30+. Stopped trolling at 12 went to the bottom for a little while. 1 nice red grouper, 3 tiles and an assortment of other stuff. Beautiful day, saw a guy out there in a 20' CS :confused: Not sure that was a good idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Super Awesome.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
pretty work, what was water temp if you dont mind me asking? sounds like we shoulda gone out of masonboro instead of lockwood folley. we couldnt find water over 74 degrees even at the blackjack

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice fish and report. We heard about the 20' CS on the radio but did not see it-- besides questioning the sanity of making that run in that boat, we were trying to figure out how he carried enough fuel to get there and back...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice fish!

By "CS" do you mean one of those aluminum V boats or Carolina Skiff?
Carolina Skiff. Was newer boat so he probably had a 4 stroke. I don't know those boats very well but I'll bet they hold at least 50 or 60 gallons of fuel. Probably quite a bit more than they used.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Unless my memory fails me, in my younger days on a little 16' recreational 50 HP outboard boat I could run it several hours at ~25 MPH on 18 gallons (3 - 6 gallon tanks). We took that boat a few miles into the Atlantic off Key Largo, not knowing any better. It was a zoo out there, so there was some safety in numbers but in retrospect it was pretty wack...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Carolina Skiff. Was newer boat so he probably had a 4 stroke. I don't know those boats very well but I'll bet they hold at least 50 or 60 gallons of fuel. Probably quite a bit more than they used.
I've got a 24' CS and it only holds 42 gals. The 19 and 21 have a 30 gal tank on them. But they will get 5mpg so that will give some good range. Not that I want range on my skiff.

Speaking of which I need to get that thing out and get the cob webs off of it. Have not taken her out since January of 2013.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Think mine would have cobwebs too if I had that OTHER skiff sitting in my yard lol
BTW any skiff out that far is just nuts

I've got a 24' CS and it only holds 42 gals. The 19 and 21 have a 30 gal tank on them. But they will get 5mpg so that will give some good range. Not that I want range on my skiff.

Speaking of which I need to get that thing out and get the cob webs off of it. Have not taken her out since January of 2013.

Reactions: brickphil
1 - 10 of 10 Posts