NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing something different rather than NC this summer. I am headed up to Moosehead Lake in Maine and am looking for some advice for lake trout and land locked salmon there. I can't seem to find a decent active forum. Just looking to know how much weight on the down rigger, trolling speed and if there is any decent lake trout and salmon trolling areas on the Greenville side of the lake where we will be staying. I have looked at depth charts and while there is some deep water not too far from there, most of it is on the other side of the lake. I am hoping I can stay close to Greenville. I will only have a 12-foot aluminum boat. Any advice on a good forum or maybe personal experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Doing something different rather than NC this summer. I am headed up to Moosehead Lake in Maine and am looking for some advice for lake trout and land locked salmon there. I can't seem to find a decent active forum. Just looking to know how much weight on the down rigger, trolling speed and if there is any decent lake trout and salmon trolling areas on the Greenville side of the lake where we will be staying. I have looked at depth charts and while there is some deep water not too far from there, most of it is on the other side of the lake. I am hoping I can stay close to Greenville. I will only have a 12-foot aluminum boat. Any advice on a good forum or maybe personal experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

I just came back from Moosehead. I always fish out of Rockwood--we caught 60 Lakers and 9 salmon and 2 Brookies in 5 days the 1st week of June. I sent you a message w/ my phone #. Call me.
Coach

1 - 2 of 2 Posts