NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing to write home about, but had a good time once I got out of that wind!! Found a nice little cove somewhat sheltered from the wind that was holding some pups. Although only 16-17in, they fight like a 5lb bass! Still fun. I managed 3 and my son got off the skunk board with one. Not a bad couple hours on the water, then again, haven't really ever had a bad time on the water :) Good luck out there!

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yea the wind this week so far was pretty annoying, hit the beach Tuesday afternoon with some fresh live bait on the incoming tide and it was blown out so wrapped it up after an hour. Yesterday morning I hit northeast creek early and the wind didn't get to it till noon or so. Caught a decent bass and that's all, wster was very stained and muddy looking so it seems the salinity level is pretty low in the back creeks. Who knows tho I've heard numerous reports of pups and flounder being caught closer to the ICW. No trout

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't know but It has almost looked like the past few days there had been a bit of a red tide in the new river. Was going over the high rise 24 bridge a few days ago and it looks quite reddish to me. Now I'm no biologist but we had them from time to time when I lived in Florida.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.