NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and myself are making our christmas trek down to Manns Harbor for some striper on the 27th. Last year it was not too great, the year before last it was great. Has anyone heard anything about it so far this year? We are taking his Whaler this year which is not quite the boat my c-hawk is so we are gonna try to keep out of the inlet if we can and stick to Manns Harbor. Let me know if anyone has any advice.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
OOH:eek: I anxiously await the answer myself!! I want to give that area a try this winter as well!:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man, we are coming from edenton so it will be easy to put in at alligator and give it a try thursday afternoon. Any advice on lures? I usually use a spoon billed minnow (Rebel) and troll beside the pilings. This is great when they are really on, but I need to find something for when they are not feeding too heavy

On another note, my little brother went out at the Albamarle Sound bridge yesterday and caught 9 keepers, one 31". Not too bad for early soundside stripers. May just get better fishing at the house!

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
On another note, my little brother went out at the Albamarle Sound bridge yesterday and caught 9 keepers, one 31". Not too bad for early soundside stripers. May just get better fishing at the house!
Hey BMcC - I'm trying to follow this action on the map - which bridge is the Albamarle Sound Bridge?

(When it gets to 30 miles from Raleigh, I'm dropping everything and jumping in headfirst! I guess that means it'll be crappie for me...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.