NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,
Due to a change in my schedule, I am moving our March Meeting to Wednesday March 12th at 7PM. Trying to mix things up a bit so we'll take our meeting to Smoky Bones BBQ Restruant beside Cross Creek Mall.

There are several new members that I hope that we'll get the chance to meet. With Spring coming on fast, I would like to discuss our Spring Fishing Trip and put a date on the calendar.

Also, take some time to think of a few activities that you would like to see us do as a group. We're open to anything.

Everyone is welcome so bring a friend.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Greg, I am starting up a Greenville Area Fishing Friends group if you even want to come you're always welcome!!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i will have to make it sometime. IM in dc but make it home to wanchese once and a while, will have to look you up when i go to J and E harley davidson. that is my usual trip when i come home

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I'm hoping to make it. Might be meeting day before I find out about it. Got game duty and there is a game that day.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I'll try to swing by but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the great turn out on Wednesday night. *I think this was our best get together yet. I enjoyed meeting and chatting with all the new members. There were lots of great conversation and and several ideas for future gatherings were discussed.

The goal of the Fayetteville Area Angler's Network is to link together people from the Fayetteville Area who enjoy fishing. It is our hope that you will then simply share information about fishing and fishing activities in Fayetteville. Also, that you will join in fishing trips with either the FAAN as a group or among individual members.

A sponsor has gifted us with two fishing reels to use as prizes for our membership drive. One is a Shimano Calcutta 250B baitcaster which sells for around $200. *The other is a Shimano SYMATRE FI 25 which sells for $80. Also, we will have a 6 pak of lures to give away as well. Here's how you can get one of these prizes. I have a roll of tickets and each time that you sign up a new member, I will put two tickets in a fish bowl ,one with your name and one with the new member's name. The more people that you sign up the more chances
that you have to win one of the prizes. My Wife and I will host a cookout at our place on May 10th , where we will award the prizes at that time. To sign someone up , send me the following info by e-mail:

Full Name
Spouse's Name
Address
City, State, Zip
Birthday
Home Phone
Cell Phone
NCangler Screen name (if Any)
Radio Call sign
Boat Model (If Any)
Preferred types of fishing
Preferred Fishing Locations

Personal Information is for FAAN purposes only. Membership is free and we want to reach out to as many people as possible. The great
thing here is that we become student, mentor, and friend to people that we may not have otherwise ever met. On an additional note, we *
want to promote family involvement so sign up your spouse or a new members spouse and receive a ticket for each of those members as *
well. Members families are invited to participate at anytime. However, a member must be at least 18 years of age. E-mail will be the primary means of communication so, please ensure that we have this information.

We discussed and decided that we will attempt to hold weekly chat sessions at NCAngler.com . Our first will be tonight at 7PM here at NCangler in the Dock Chat room. Discussion will be open to everything , so let's hear about where you fished, upcoming events, conservation issues , or anything .

We are looking for a restaurant that offers a meeting room that we can borrow for one night a month to hold a fly tying class. The idea here is that we will get together and offer instruction on one or two fly patterns per month. These patterns will be chosen based on which species is currently being caught in the area. We will also provide a materials list ahead of time so Tiers will know what to bring to the class. We would like to keep the location as central as possible (i.e. Mall Area) but if we need to move out some. We are open to suggestions so, if anyone has an idea please let me know.

Also, we talked about holding Instruction as part of our monthly on using a Cast Net , next month. If you are interested in this or have an idea where to conduct meeting please let me know.

Thanks for everyone support. Our future as a group certainly looks very bright and I'm looking forward to eventually meeting all of you. Most of call somebody and go fishing and have fun!!!

Tight Lines,

Tom Carpenter
(Backlash)

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
i cant wait for the military to give me a break! so i can have some free time! i was looking on my military schedule and we done have anything planned after the first week of April so i hope to make it to the next meeting!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.