NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the water for a little bit after work today...Kelli was dying to get out and get some fishing in since she's been under the weather for a while.

We fished some new water to me and tried to see what was going on further up the creeks. It didn't take long to figure out the smaller fish were on the move further into the creeks and if there was a bigger one, it was on a point.

Water was warmer at 53 degrees but got cooler the further up the creek we went.

Good clarity and some baitfish movement had us putting about 7 fish in the boat with a couple "early releases" at the boat and had a lot of fun.

Kelli got his one for her birthday...

Our Golden, Lady, was even coerced into a ride!

The lures were a bit more varied...Kelli used a small spinnerbait, I had a decent one on a football jig and then the balance were on jerk baits and flukes.

Lots of fun and ready to hit Wylie this weekend for some pre fishing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck on Wylie! Happy Birthday to Kelli. When you coming to Hickory again?

Darrell
Thanks, Darrell...we have the Hickory tournament on June 27th...I am looking forward to getting up there again!

Reactions: dbeam

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope Wylie fishes better at BFL than this past weekend for ABA. Maybe they will put me in the boat with Wes this time, lol.
I have been getting reports that it's getting pretty hot right now. I have a tourney there on the 21st a well as the BFL the next weekend. I will be hitting it this weekend to take a look, but I think there will be some big bags at the scales!

Maybe we will get paired...ya never know...:)

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
876 Posts
ABA is looking pretty sad. 26 boats at Wylie last week. Hate to think what might have happened if it had been liike BFL at Norman! There were some good bags weighed, but several zeroes as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.