NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a beach house located on the Coast Guard Channel at the Point at Emerald Isle with a private boat ramp, dock, and boat lift, the latter of which sits empty from roughly Thanksgiving thru the end of April, although there is some flexibility to these dates. I was approached last year about renting it during the winter but was unable to, but circumstances are different this year and it will be available. This would be ideal for the fisherman who fishes the EI, Swansboro, Bear Island, Queens Creek, White Oak River, and surrounding areas throughout the winter and would benefit from the convenience this set-up provides. That said, I've never had to rent a slip/lift and therefore have no idea of the marketability or value of this set-up. I would appreciate any thoughts on this subject as well as the best way to get the word out, other than this forum of course. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
If you tried to turn your boat ramp into a commercial ramp for all I am sure your neighbors would call the Town and the Town would put a stop to it. As to leasing the lift to one individual, you should be ok. As far as what to charge :confused: what was the person offering to pay last year?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Treat it like hunting land and rent it to a group of people, say 10? that way they share the expense but don't create a lot of traffic

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. What I envision is renting the lift and access to just one person throughout the winter months when its otherwise not being used. As far as the person who offered to rent it last year, we never got around to discussing price because it was not an uption for me. I've included a picture to show the set-up of the lift, ramp, and dock. Thanks for the input.

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Good spot for a trout/drum guide, or a few guides to rent. They chase trout year round pretty much. Especially the mid/southern waters of the state.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The very first thing I would do is to check with my attorney and insurance agent to determine exactly what liabilities I would be getting into doing something like this. If the renter or his guest gets hurt or damage is done to his boat or your lift look out for some huge legal problems. Be sure to have your butt covered ahead of time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts