NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the Cape Fear Anglers spanish tournament on Saturday with a couple of buddies. We got through Masonboro at about 6:30 or so and fell right into them. They bit great for the first 45 minutes or so, then it slowed down considerably. We trolled out the liberty ship and picked up a few there, but we could see plenty breaking the surface that wouldn't bite. We wound up 1 shy of a 3-man limit with 44 in the cooler and our biggest (though not very big) was good for 4th place in the tournament. Good day. They seemed to prefer silver spoons early and gold as the morning went on.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice catch and your correct they have been on fire. Silver and yellow seem to be the hottest down off the jetties. Not hitting any gold for some reason. Keep it up and be safe.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I fished it also on a buddy's boat. think we came in 8 or 9 place.
That was one monster Spanish that won 6# 11 1/4 oz. ..... WOW! ........

Do you attend any meetings?
There's a new format that looks to be very exciting. More member participation, hands on programs.
You are all invited open to the people that love to fish. Check it out. ...... ICM

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That winning fish was the biggest Spanish I've seen. When I walked up and saw that hanging, I was embarrassed to even weigh mine. It was a fun day and we got a nice Penn rod/reel to show for it, as well as several fish fries.

I would love to attend meetings but being in Raleigh I am not in the area frequently enough. I fish the lower Cape Fear when I can go, so it would be great to meet some of you guys who know that area and fish it all the time. I will be sure to stop by if I am in town. My buddy Will Lilley, who fished the tournament with me, lives nearby and expressed interest, so I'll pass that along to him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.