NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I've never been to Lake Santeetlah. I'm planning a trip this coming Saturday. Is there anything specific about this lake or ramp I should know? I've been to Bear Creek Lake several times this summer and found the trout, is Santeetlah pretty similar?

I'll be in a 16' fiberglass vhull with a 25hp johnson.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
785 Posts
The Trout might be a bit deeper at Santeetlah this time of year. I've never fished Bear Creek but Santeetlah I know fairly well. You should find the most Trout in the lower part of the lake sitting at 30-40 feet about now. There's many other kinds of fish to accidentally catch too. Watch your depth finder closely. There's many humps in Santeetlah!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip. Since it's Saturday, and might be crowded, I'll go to the bigger parking area.

This is mostly a joy ride and exploration trip, but a mess of crappie or yellow perch would be most welcome. I'll probably just troll a #1 mepps on line 1 and a nightcrawler on a jig head on line 2 and see who wants to be caught.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
785 Posts
It might be Saturday but it's Football season. It might not be as crowded as you fear. Cheoah Point is near the dam and Perch, White Bass, and Walleyes like the cool depths this time of year. Fish deep, the top of Santeetlah takes a long while to cool off. Expect to find Trout at about 40 feet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts