NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a couple of questions about Maxwell Mill Pond:

1) I've got a 1448 Lowe jon. Will I have any problems launching there?
2) How early can I launch a boat?
3) Cost to launch and per fisherman?
4) Gas motors allowed? If no, are they ok with me running trolling motor with the outboard not running?
5) Any other advice for a first timer? What part of the pond to target? How is the bream and crappie fishing?

Thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pictures on their facebook page show some nice bass from last summer. Also there is a picture from November noting they were going to lower the level of the pond to extend the ramp (gravel).

Sounds like the answer is the dam is fixed, but I don't want to ride an hour from ayden to find out otherwise. :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Satguy,
Thanks...that helps. See any issues with me getting my 14 ft Lowe jon boat launched on the ramp?

How early can we launch a boat?

Given the choice, would you go to Maxwell or Tull Mill Pond? You can PM me with the answer to that one if you want. :D

Thanks.

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
couple of weeks ago they had the water level way down. I could not get my johnboat in, to low. Not sure if the water level is back up again. If it is then there is enough water for your Lowe. If you get their early there I a box on the bldg. at the door, by the stop sign coming in. I think its 5 bucks a head.
Just saw this or I would have gone by and checked it out....can tomorrow but will be at least 4PM before I get by, have to work.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Maxwell

As of a couple of weeks ago, the pond was drawn way down. The state was doing some repairs to the road and dam. Nearby Tull's Mill pond would be your best bet. Your boat will easily launch there. Down the road there is Cabin Lake which is loaded with fish and has an excellent ramp.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Plans were to head south early, but didn't work out. Among my fishing partners, one is working, one is sick and the other one rolled into town late last night. Depending on when the rain stops tomorrow morning, think we're heading to Tull Mill Pond.

I still want to go to Maxwell so if anyone can provide info, please do so. I called yesterday and left my number but haven't gotten a call back.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Cabin Lake is absolutely perfect for what you want to do. There's a path that goes around the lake and several small piers all built just for bank fishermen. It is located just off Hwy. 111, a couple of miles NW of Beulaville.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I live just down the road from Cabin Lake. It is a nice park. I am surprised at how many campers they have there during the weekend. Before you head down on the weekend, double check with them, I know I saw the Boy Scout sign up this weekend. they will take up most of the camp spaces.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.