NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of right now we are scheduled for May 24th at 7 pm at Sandpiper. I would like to have everyone's input into this. Anyone who wants to attend but thinks a different day would be better. Anyone who thinks a different site would be better? Should we have a chat instead? Please chime in with your responses. Any and all ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave. Chime in folks. More of you be able to make it if we move it to say Golden Corral on Skibo road?

·
Registered
464 Posts
golden coral sounds good!

Hey there wouldnt happen to be an emt/ems guys here would there be? My emt-b certs lapsed and Im looking for a job now( have been working as a mechanic for the last 2 years.)

so im wanting to get back into ems, I got my certs in the military which have lapsed.
I was told that I could get a job with the city ems/ fire dept. and they would pay for my the clas to get the emt-b certs and then i could work as a emt here in fayetteville while im going back to school to get paramedic.

any input?

Thanks Rob.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hey Coach it looks like I might be away on the 19th to the 26th, though that could fall through. For me, any day before the 19th but I know its been tough to get everyone together and when that happens you just finally need to choose a date and hope everyone can be there.

Thanks...Jim

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys. I'm sorry for not getting back to you all. I'd say let's set a date for June. Maybe in the 1st two weeks.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Been a real rough two weeks brother. Gonna try to make it out to Rhodes tomorrow not sure. Depends on how it goes at the docs.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I am sorry you have had a couple of bad weeks lately. Sometimes life just plain does that to us doesn't it? It help to have good family and friends to help sort things out.

Good luck at Rhodes Pond. I am not convinced there are many fish left in that pond. It sure is a pretty little lake isn't it.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I should be able to head out one of those days. I'd like to catch up with ya then.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey tadpole,

Maybe we need to talk to the wildlife folks to find out about stocking practices and things of that nature from there end. If you're worried that it's been over fished. That might be a valid concern.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Its hard to believe there are not many fish there but it sure does "fish" that way doesn't it. I can call the wildlife folks to ask them about thier plans for the lake and how they stock it. They could at least take some of my tax money I have given them over the years and repair the boat ramp.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah that sounds about right. I still need to call about the placing of trash cans and how they'd be emptied out. Maybe we could do a rotating schedule type thing to empty the trash cans. It's a beautiful pond and I'd like to see it become a thriving fishery that we could be proud of.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anyone have any ideas as to what day or days are good to meet in June? I'm out of town from June 19th to June 22nd. School sending me somewhere the first week of summer break. ARGH!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.