NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post in this forum, so please bear with me. I am an active duty Marine aboard MCAS Cherry Point, whos MOS is with Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS). I love fishing and partake almost daily. I have been given the honor to refit the fishing section of our main exchange. I specifically asked for this task, but dont want to rely solely on what I think needs to be added to our selection. I would love to hear from the masses about what you would like to see offered as far as equipment, tackle, and gear. Please let me know, and I will do my best to make it available. Semper Fi!

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would love to help you out with this task. As soon as you make a few more posts you will be able to send and receive a private messages and maybe we can set up a time to get together.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'll be at Cherry Point tomorrow evening if the weather stays decent. Happy to meet up and fish a little. I am on Lejeune now and can tell you there isn't a whole lot that I've been in there looking for and haven't found. With that said I am pretty dissapointed with the fact that they have an outrageous selection of MirroLures but not a single Top Dog or other design of the Mirrolure topwater series of plugs. These are good plugs to have down Lejeune way and are by far the most fun to catch on. Other than that if you copied the inventory of Lejeune you would pretty much be spot on. I've outfitted everything from my king rig to setups that target every prized inshore species.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be at Cherry Point tomorrow evening if the weather stays decent. Happy to meet up and fish a little. I am on Lejeune now and can tell you there isn't a whole lot that I've been in there looking for and haven't found. With that said I am pretty dissapointed with the fact that they have an outrageous selection of MirroLures but not a single Top Dog or other design of the Mirrolure topwater series of plugs. These are good plugs to have down Lejeune way and are by far the most fun to catch on. Other than that if you copied the inventory of Lejeune you would pretty much be spot on. I've outfitted everything from my king rig to setups that target every prized inshore species.
That is exactly the kind of feedback that I'm looking for.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey, I work here in Cherry Point and have been kayaking the area for a while but not a lt of luck. Only trouts amd aligator gars. Please let me know if you a re planning a paddle here, I'll be glad to join. I have a Jackson Cuda 14 and love fishing.... So please let me know! Tight lines!

·
Registered
9 Posts
We shopped the fishing section in early October, 2014 and were amazed to find everything mentioned in the forums here, now we know why!! You have done an excellent job providing what the fisherman want and need! Thanks!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts