NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how a nonresident can get access to this lake. I heard it was a fee. I heard you can't. I read a post from this forum saying it cost 125 annually. I don't know, I'm just trying to fish local In fayetteville. Help please.

·
Registered
7 Posts
All surface water in NC is public except if you specifically build a pond where no body of water ever was before (like a farm pond not fed by any creeks). Here is some info: Environmental Law in ContextWho Owns the Water? Part 2, (Channelized) Surface Water - Environmental Law in Context (unc.edu)

The issue is that private property owners own nearly all the land around McFadyen Lake, save for maybe the area by the bridge on Morganton Rd and a few of the other wooded areas that are probably owned by the city/county for storm water collection. The problem is, other than the bridge, those wooded areas are flanked by private property so you'd have to trespass to get to the water.

If you can access Fort Bragg - there are tons of places to fish. You will need a Fort Bragg fishing permit in addition to your state license.

Lake Rim is close by, but I've not caught much there. If you want to go a little further, the Huske Lock and Dam is good (down Hwy 87). There are tons of little holes folks fish all over the place too. This facebook group The Official Fayetteville Fishing Board | Facebook is pretty good at sharing info about the area.

I usually fish on Fort Bragg if I can't go out of town, so I do not know much about all the little fishing holes around town.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts