NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys know anything about sea pro boats and how it might compare to the McKee that I've grown attached to?

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
I have had good luck with mine. 2001 SV2100. It is finally showing some signs of wear that need attention. But I say they are solid mid range boats.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with a Sea Pro. Love the old McKees but they had their time. Nice once updated to non absorbing foam but a big job!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
newer boats are made with closed cell foams, no water absorption. Even if they leak you can repair the leak and dry them out.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
They would split that McKee, top comes off, and chisel, cut, scoop, dig, out all the old style foam. Then refill it with closed cell. A good shop can do it quickly if they aren't already backlogged with work.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the input. Noticed you guys that have them have the SV model. I see an add for a 2000 model S1900 CC. Appears to have a modified hull.

Anybody heard anything about that model?
Appreciate any input.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Really depends on each manufacturer, So I don't know enough to be specific.
Newer starting when? Thanks for the answer by the way

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
No foam has a real long life expectancy. It literally starts breaking down the minute it cures. It will shrink, powder up, and yes, even today absorb water after it has a little age on it.
The problem foams have stems from the owner of the foam, or better yet, the owner of the boat that the foam resides in.
Until people start realizing that a boat is no different than a car, tractor, or a box end wrench, and if you put a roof over it it'll last a long time.

Boats sitting in yards including tarped boats...have much shorter life spans than garage kept or sheltered boats.
But the main problem is people using the logic that boats are made for water so they are made to get wet. It's the wrong logic.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Once again DR hit that one on the head. The 2 worst things you can do to a boat is let it sit, and store it in the open. Covered can actually be worse it done improperly with the wrong kind of tarp, or placement.

Reactions: Drum Runner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts