NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet and Greet 3 is still on for June 27th, however, there will not be a raffle this year. I apologize in advance and hope this doesn't turn anyone off from attending.

My thoughts were to maybe try a gear swap this year? The though came to me when I was cleaning out my storage closet and saw all the paddling and tackle mess I've accumulated over the years. I don't want to trash it but at the same time I don't want it to take up the space. I'm sure I'm not alone in this predicament.

So the 2009 routine would be: Paddle and fish then lunch ($3) and gear swap. The M&G would have the same focus as previous years being a social event and then the added bonus of someone else's trash being your treasure.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Real interesting idea! Let's give it a shot!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sounds cool, even though I don't have any old yakking stuff yet. Might be able to dig out an old rod & reel or something...

Might want to consider making it real interesting. Check this gift exchange game out; Holiday Gift Exchange - Gift Grab Game

That would guarantee some fun memories, especially if someone threw something real nice in the mix!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
DOn't have that much Kayak gear but I could probably find some fishing gear around here some where to get rid of, would make the wife happy she says I need to unclutter. CLUTTER THAT IS REAL IMPORTAINT STUFF...lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
Roy, we call that a Chinese Gift exchange and it's a blast! I just started fishing from a yak myself but I like the idea of switching gifts. Keep it under an agreed amount!

·
Registered
146 Posts
im there guys. i dont have much to swap except for some old fishing stuff and some 'greenbacks'. i think it would be cool to see who the people posting messages look like in person. tight lines fellas.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I think it would be cool to see who the people posting messages look like in person.
That's what I look forward to... that and meeting up again with friends. I wish I could do better at remembering all the names and faces, but eventually I catch on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.