NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Use this thread to post the channels you monitor, your boat name or radio handle and the main area you fish. You can then print or record these on an index card and keep them in the boat. That way we can contact each other out on the water.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Boating/Fishing Area: Wrightsville, Oak Island, Morehead
Shearon Harris and Jordan Lake

Call sign: Size 9 (Dave)

Channels monitored: 9, 16, 13, 68, 69, 70 (all tag'd for scan)

DSC MMSI #: 338040464

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Wanted to bump this thread back to the top... now the season's in swing... would like to contact folks out on the water to see what's "bitin'" or goin on and vice versa, Not to mention if we had to go look for someone or needed to contact ya.

Anyway, if interested, I would like to add any members MMSI# to my directory if possible (share when/where/what is biting stuff while on the 'outside').. so if anyone's game for that and dont want to post here, email me your MMSI # ([email protected]) I dont mind sharing spots myself and whatever... and it doesnt matter either if for the lake or ocean too. My information is already posted above and I've got no problem if anyone add's mine to their directory.

Been foolin around with the DSC process and it's pretty cool stuff, got a good feel for it now and once I get a reply back from ICOM on two issues of operation, I should have a better understanding of the distress process. We did a test of the DTRS and was suprised to find my unit didnt automatically switch over to 16 when the DTRS was acknowledged.. ship to ship, all vessels, and DSC operation is automatic and works as advertised... anyway, The DTRS does work, my neighbor picked up my distress and my coord's (pretty loud and you'll know if someone smashed the distress button!!! without a doubt!) but I had to manually switch over... also waiting on a reply back from Icom on wether or not the other vessel should register/show up on the plotter via the NMEA.. (so if anyone has any experience witht that, would love to hear it!!).

Back to the top....

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
NCangler

This is a great idea guys. I just added four new fields to the User Profile to add Area Fished Most, Channels Monitored, Radio Call Sign and MMSI #. You can add your info in your profile and it will be searchable in the User member info too. Here is my info:

Fishing Area: Morehead City/Oriental
Monitor chanel 68, 16, 19
Radio Call Sign: NCangler
MMSI #: 338019218

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.