NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not many people outside of my family know that Dec. 23rd has been a very sad day. My grandmother, Constance Brown, whom I loved very dearly, died on this date in 1991. She loved Christmas and her family above all else and would not have liked to know that she died at her favorite holiday. Today, December 23rd has been replaced with joy and happiness as my son, Liam, has come home where he belongs. This will be a truly wonderful Christmas.

My wife, Ali, and I had a good night last night at the hospital "rooming in" with our son. We found it to be a very memorable experience. Since he has been home, Liam has soiled 3 diapers and had 2 meals, watched a football game and an episode of COPS with daddy while Mommy caught up on some much needed sleep. Daddy and Liam did fall asleep together on the sofa watching the football, but we both woke up in time to see the end.

It has been a VERY long 4 weeks and we are so glad to finally be able to share the news that our son is finally home. Ali and I could not be any happier. Thank you all for the well wishes and thoughts. They have really meant a lot.

From my new family to all of you, I wish you all a very merry and safe Christmas.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
merry christmas to you and your new family as well and may 2008 bring you many wonderful memories of watching and helping your new family grow.
god bless and have a wonderful holiday also sorry for your loss im sure she is missed.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Did not realize the little fellow was still in the hospital but great to know that the little ranger and mom are now home with dad. Merry Christmas...Jim

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did not realize the little fellow was still in the hospital but great to know that the little ranger and mom are now home with dad. Merry Christmas...Jim

Yes, he was in the Neonatal ICU for 4 weeks. He was born 7 weeks premature. He is now above 5 lbs and sucking down milk like a champ! I can't wait to see the bill! All I gotta say is thank goodness for health insurance!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Merry Christmas Greg, you truly have a great gift this season!!

Reactions: rangergreg281

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Merry Christmas Greg, you truly have a great gift this season!!
Yes I do, BUT the diaper monkey is killing me!!!!!!

It's funny, last night my wife stayed with him in the nursery and tried to sleep between his feedings but was up all night because he was crying. Tonight, I decided to stay up all night and he has slept all through the night except when I had to wake him for his dinner. <sigh> Oh well, it's a good thing I'm having fun with this!;) He really is the coolest thing I've ever seen. I just gotta figure out how to get him to hold a rod while I'm holding his wobbly head up:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.