NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Then I bet "Xmas" really gets ya goat!!! Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!! May your blessing be many!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I enjoy history and especially early Christian history so I wanted to share this with everyone:

Xmas has its origins back in the early years of Christianity - the first letter in the Greek word for Christ is CHI and it is represented by a symbol that looks very close to the modern day X in our alphabet. Early Christians often used the Greek X as an abbreviation for Christ. There are also writings dating back to the 4th and 5th century referring to Christians as Xians. Back then it was not disrespectful.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I agree to keeping Christ in Christmas!
I want to be Morally correct and to you know what with being Politically correct.

To many traditions have been lost and many moral values have gone by the wayside with the fear of offending someone. Especially someone who has never shared our traditions, beliefs and values in the first place and in our own country too!
:)
"MERRY CHRISTMAS"

Danny

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
DAVE!!! YA KILLIN ME!!!!! LOL!!!! (Notice I broke out the Holiday Avatar!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.