NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope everyone is enjoying the holiday.. thought I'd sneak in (between the kids all updating their Ipod stuff tyin up the internet!!)

managed to get out an fish yesterday and had a great time out. Weather in the mid to high 70's.. even got a sunburn!! :p:rolleyes:

Here's some pix... we've had excellent trout action and redfish action.
My brother in law lost a nice 6 lb speck at the boat.. really would've been a nice pic.. but oh well.. still have a week or so to try to catch'm up again.

red slot limit here is 18-27 inch, one keeper and I believe can keep one over slot limit. We've been releasing everything.. just having fun fishin without the mess of having to clean fish and pack ice/coolers and all that...

I do have to say this though... we've been fishin gulp shrimps and live shrimps.. for 2 days,, live shrimp has outfished gulp.. but we have caught fish on gulp's ;) Using very light line and I'm using my Penn 4300's

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Good looking fishin'! Glad you're enjoying the holiday!!! Merry Christmas Dave!

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Merry Xmas Drop/Mrs Drop and everyone else!! ;) (Insert wave here) :)

Alot down this way has changed ALOT.. but the ol' fishin hole is producing!! :) Weather front pushed thru 2 days ago,, looked as if it was gonna rain, winds picked up, then next thing ya know... Bang.. clear skies, sun is out... crazy.. temps in the mid to high 70's/low 80's..
Just dont seem right wearin a t-shirt and shorts this time of year.

It's ok down here, but we look forward to coming home to NC though...!! :D Hope everyone has a great New Years! Our plan right now is to night fish the flats to roll in 2008! :) Y'all be good and have a great one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.