NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there something to alleviate the suffering? Can't go fishing. Job, kids, mothers day, etc. Weather is perfect, I have the shakes. Need to feel that tap on my lure, feel the tug on the line, hear the drag give way. Someone help me :eek:

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
Fortunately for you, Dr. H is available to prescribe the antidote to your malady. While I applaud you for your dedication to your family and career the symptoms you describe are a direct result of not taking care of yourself. Failure to remedy the situation could result in progression of the illness to a Category 3 state of Flambeau Icthyological Screaming Hypoxia (FISH). Since Divorce does not seem like an option you will have to take emergency measures. Night fishing. While this is not a permanent cure it will at least remove the shakes plus the lack of sleep will result in your actually sleeping better due to exhaustion and dreams of fishing.

Please accept this complimentary consultation in the interest of healthy living.

Dr. H

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Cat-fishing; (must have house cat)
Now let me explain. Get the fly rod(any rod really, I prefer to practice with the fly rod), tie on a fluffy hookless hair fly or a couple strands of fluffy string. Proceed out to the yard in an open space.(bring the cat) Step away for the cat and make a few teasing casts. Believe me, the cat will pounce on this.(side note-it's fun for the cat too) Increase your distance and practice accuracy. You'll get a few tugs in at times too.

^^^Lol. I typed that up as a joke but in all seriousness, I used to do this a lot. My cat thought it was play time every time he saw me with a fishing rod.

Enjoy!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
that's when I dump all my tackle boxes and reorganize. Service reels, and shop for things I don't need online..

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that's when I dump all my tackle boxes and reorganize. Service reels, and shop for things I don't need online..
Right there with you! Last summer I went several times in quick succession and my boat/gear was a mess - stuff everywhere. Wasn't use to that, started to wonder how these tournament guys do it.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Tying Flies &/or Jigs or otherwise devising diabolical WMFD can be somewhat soothing

Reactions: RouseD
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.