The Marine Fisheries Commission (MFC) Public Information Committee will meet on Tuesday, January 10 at 3 p.m. The meeting will be held at the DENR Regional Office, 943 Washington Square Mall, Washington, NC.
The committee will review the status of potential action items suggested at the meetings held in 2005 which, include:
· Public information strategy.
· Creation of an annual MFC priority list.
· Creation of an annual MFC/DMF forum to present information to the public.
· Report on visitation statistics from the DMF Web site.
· Oyster publicity campaign.
· Coordination with Sea Grant on presenting FMP/FRG information.
· CHPP education.
· Executive summaries in the FMP’s in a PDF format for access by the public.
If you have any questions please contact Jess Hawkins at 800-682-2632 or 252-726-7021.
MFC PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE MEETING
DENR Regional Office, Washington Square Mall, Washington, NC
January 10, 2006 3:00 p.m.
- Approval of Minutes (August 17, 2005)
- Status report on potential action items from previous meetings
- DENR oyster rehabilitation strategy
- MFC annual priority list
- MFC/DMF annual forum
- URL statistics
- Oyster publicity campaign
- Sea Grant issue on FMPs/FRGs
- CHPP education
- FMP executive summary (PDF file)
- Planning for MFC meeting with general advisors
- Public perception of MFC
- Next Meeting