NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jumped up early this morning for a quick scouting mission before the Carolina Redfish Series tomorrow. I had a good idea of where some fish were so I headed that way to see what I could get into. First TOPWATER cast of the morning and I get pure T smoked! Get the subject fish to the boat and realize it's a decent trout-wasn't expecting that!! Quick picture and he's off to fight another day. Second cast to the same spot and 2 missed strikes later this HOSS of a red comes to the boat. Fish absolutely inhaled the Spook Jr and made a run right for me...he didn't even know he was hooked until he got near the boat. Another snap of the camera and he's off too. Spent the next three hours just cruising and looking for fish...finally found a decent school and the first cast to them gets interrupted by a snag on the bottom-OR the nicest flounder I've caught in a long time! Brought this guy in and snapped a pic and into the cooler he goes! Decided to call it a day while I was ahead and headed to the pool for a Wild Turkey and ginger ale. Awesome day on the water and I hope my luck continues tomorrow for the tournament!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Good luck in the tourney.

Have that same topwater spook, but never think or throwing it. Will be rethinking that this week. ....... ICM

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone...I suppose I should make this a new report but no love in the tourney today. Went back to the same spot and the fish were GONE. First cast produced another fat trout on the same Spook Jr but took us 3 hours to land our first red-21 inches. Had him in the livewell for a while but it was apparent he wasn't gonna make it to the weigh-in, so we revived him and turned him loose in hopes of finding a couple fatties before 4pm. Well we found some fatties alright, TOO FAT! Nice class of fish if you want a battle but every one was 2-3 inches over the slot. Soooo, no fish to weigh in for us. Oh well, that's how it goes sometime. Here's my partner with a nice 29" fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I wish I had those problems. Darn fish being too BIG? Thanks for the update on your previous post, hopefully you'll have better luck at the next tourny. At least you're catchin 'em.

Reactions: BigE818

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Man, what a great report. Sorry about the tourney, but really great to see that kind of a report from another Greenvillian.

Where were you fishing? Morehead area? Tell me it wasn't the Pam. . .

EDIT: MHC - Moorhead City. Duh. Didn't make the connection fast enough. Need more coffee.
I've learned to live with my disabilities, that is being old and abbreviation illiterate. I was hoping somebody would clear that whole "MHC" thing up for me, thanks Greenmonster. I'm terrible with names too, so I joined the military where everybody wears their name on their uniform. If you need some work arounds, just give me a hollar, that is after your medication(coffee) kicks in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.