NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
IMO its waaayy too much money when a stakeout pole and anchor trolley combo are perfect and under $30. Also if fishing in the river a drag chain is excellent.

i do like that they used a Jackson Kayak for the ad in the video though.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Think it would be good for a micro skiff, but overkill for kayak.

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
I say if you have the $$$ to spend by all means go for it. I don't know how I ever fished without a power pole in my boat and unless I take up offshore fishing will never own another boat without one. I won't be adding one to my kayak though, but that's just me.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
I agree trigger22, I have a Talon, I really like it. Having two would be much better, but that is a lot of $$.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I am not familiar with the specifics of the Micro but the full size version on my bass boat is worth its weight in gold. It is nice to be stopped at the push of a button. I imagine in a kayak where you dont have the control of a foot controlled trolling motor, that pole would be even more valuable. Do stake out poles work if you cant penetrate the bottom?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'll have to stick with my "Stick it" for that $$..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought this might be the general feeling since money's tight all over and for 600 bones you could by another kayak. My friend has talons on his nitro bass boat and I feel it's a must when we're fishing shallow. The areas I've been fishing, shallow weedlines, would be super frustrating if I didn't have my stakeout poles, I have two I bring out since I can stake one through the O ring on the anchor trolley and one through the scupper hole. So far I haven't found the need to bring the anchor in the areas I fish but maybe soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts