NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Upper Broad for 5 hrs Tues. As I was putting in a boat-load of powerboaters were getting out, 11 am. All they caught was a "chill". Boater after boater - "slow, only a few (specks) all day. Water temp was 58. I got hung up searching for Bowfin with a rapala twitch rap for too long - switched to gulp jerk shad and with in minutes bounced a nice trout off the side of the boat - nice release spaz. The next bite, a 19" speck made it all the way home.

Wed. fished Brices Quarry, off of Brices Creek, New Bern. It's loaded with Chain Pickrel. Threw everything at 'em but only landed one small 16-17". I believe I foul hooked a monster, 30-36", in a shallow area. It rolled on the surface, pulled for just a second, no head shakes, then it was over - bummed over that - would of loved the fight. No alligators seen but there in there.

Thursday - back to the salt.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 thanks for the update

Brices Creek has always been some good fishing, and have always had to pop into the quarry to check it out, some nice deep water.

tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.