NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, I'm headin offshore (Wrightsville) Saturday w/full crew, you guys gonna be out???

Funny,, my boss couldnt take it no more and gave me the day off to go pick up my boat to take him fishin!! ha ha ha ha... So I trotted off to W-S today and brought it home. Marty and I are turning it to get ready to fish saturday, so if y'all are gonna be out, we'll look for ya.

We plan runnin first thing to the stream and trolling and working our way back to the bowel (I'm guessin sometime around 2 p.m. or so) 7 hours of trolling is enough for me.. so we plan to run back in to that area for some quick pick-up's.

What's yer all's plans??

This for us is gonna be interesting as there's no sonar or GPS on the boat!!! ha ha ha ha... I removed all that stuff when I put it on the lot... Hmm... have to go ol school I guess with the ol compass and speed timing.... :)

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Al,, would be nice to hook up a sail or two and white marlin sure would be nice.. CC boat we can shorten the chase a bit if needed... Hard to radio anyone when all the electronics have been removed!:eek: What? we cant just follow the sun back to the inlet??!! :p;) ha ha ha ha...

heard someone hook'd a 300 lb blue either last week or last weekend.... Hmm.. that'd be interesting on 50w's! :)

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
What's yer all's plans??
King Mackerel fishing then in my club's innerclub monthly tournament. Then headed to the club meeting and dinner. Mark (pier dweller) will be with me. Al works on the week-ends.

You never said in your PM reply if you want that fat albert I got in the freezer? Grouper's love them striped out. Great for tipping dolphin weenies too. Let me know - I'll be happy to meet you somewhere.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'll take it. I'll have to call ya on our way in.. should be at or leavin the ramp at 430 a.m (there-abouts) Dont think you'll want get up that early... Or can throw it in the cooler for the trip home..

We're takin 3 radio's with us... ;) Just a little odd not having everything mounted and hardwired in... :)

But Marty did mention a compass and a signal mirror would git it done! ha ha ha ha.... :)

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
All else fails head due west til ya hit sand, then ask a sunbather where the heck you are...LOL !!j/k I only say this because my Dad and got lost once on Lake Marion in SC. Finally just drove up to 2 girls sunning on a private dock and asked where I was and how to get to where I started..:eek:.. Don't laugh..:D.I'm sure weve all rode around a little finding the ramp!!

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
All else fails head due west til ya hit sand, then ask a sunbather where the heck you are...LOL !!j/k I only say this because my Dad and got lost once on Lake Marion in SC. Finally just drove up to 2 girls sunning on a private dock and asked where I was and how to get to where I started..:eek:.. Don't laugh..:D.I'm sure weve all rode around a little finding the ramp!!
:D:D:D:D:D I'm laughing cause if he drives due west from the area he plans to fish, the sand he hits will be the sand of Frying Pan Shoals - the shoals that gave the Cape Fear region it's name! Guess I shouldn't laugh cause Dave wouldn't be happy :mad: and there wouldn't be any sunbathers either :(.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Me no like "shoals"... especially them ones up there at Lookout!

Mike, what is it with trying to plan run's out... see the weather?? :rolleyes: Gale warning for Sunday??? uh.... I give up... Show's seas building late Saturday, wind picking up,, so I'm thinkin get a early start and get back in, in the afternoon.. Hopefully seas will stay layed down and the front moves more east than north east

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually we'll have triple everything... just nothing hardwired.. I do like Marty's idea though of goin ol' school with a chart, compass, weighted string and a mirror! :p

I think we'll be alright.. weather looks to be rollin in late, so early morning afternoon should be fine and we'll be ridin back to the "bowel" in the afternoon...

We've already told ourselves, we plan to troll the ditch (yup the ICW) and not poke our noses out... that way the weather wont kick up on us.... :) seems like everytime we plan (no matter how loosely)... that little thing (weather) gets in the way.... ha ha ha ha ha.... :)

3-5's we're good... 7's get a little uncomfortable... Should have some pix for y'all Sun/Mon.. hopefully of some fish :eek:

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Might want to go out of Morehead instead - weather looks better further north. Inshore (out to 20 miles) looks good here - 2-3 with 10K winds out of the South.

Here's the latest offshore - (SW would be Cape Fear region)
SAT: S TO SE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...EXCEPT INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT FAR SW LATE. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT...EXCEPT BUILDING TO 8 FT FAR SW LATE.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wrightsville it is.... 6 hours of towing the boat isnt that much fun...
I think it will be ok, we're after the morning bite anyway, plus the 40 mile run in is easy from the bowel... unless something drastic changes where they kick up over 7's... we'll be rollin and trollin out of WB

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know youz tryin to help, I'll take the 1 ft extra on top.... Ugh.... I'm jelous for sure,, must be nice to roll out the bed and into the inlet.... all them extra hours of sleep... no gettin up at 2 in the mornin... I wouldnt know how to handle myself :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
feet wet 'bout that time, maybe little earlier (5:00 am.)
Leavin the house at 2:30, should put us at the ramp little after 4, then slowly makin our way out.

Dennis is meeting us there at the ramp, he'll be there between 4:30 and 5:00, I'll have your cell #, and will call ya probably on the way back in from Randall's phone or Marty's phone.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Work weekends, fish weekdays!!! Hope you get some decent conditions and catch-em up!!!
Ya got that right!!! Less crowds...more fish!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.