NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been brought up before that Thomas Jenkins from Sportsman Toystore moved to Hwy 70 East Pawn shop and is the new authorized Minn Kota repair shop in the area. I wanted to take a quick moment and commend them for their work and highly recommend any of you that have issues with your Minn Kota to take it to Thomas. I dropped my motor off yesterday because the steering collar was busted and the locking mechanism was acting up and asked Thomas how long it would take him. I have plans to fish and need my motor back ASAP. He told me he should be able to have it by Friday and I was happy with that. Fast forward to today at around 2 pm and Thomas is calling me to let me know that my motor was ready for pickup. Just 24 hours after I dropped it off, he had me ready to go. The best part of it all was that all work was done hassle free under warranty and it didn't cost me a dime. The steering mechanism alone would have been a $250 part and that's not counting labor. Hwy 70 East Pawn is making it their goal to carry an inventory of parts, and they have a fine service man in Thomas. If you have trouble with your trolling motor, don't hesitate to bring it to them.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
On Hwy 70 Between Craven County Fairgrounds and Hyundai of New Bern . [h=1]East 70 Pawneast70pawn.com
(252) 633-1129
[/h][h=2][/h]3317 U.S. 70
New Bern, NC 28560

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am bringing this back up because this past Thursday I had another problem with my motor. On the water Thursday morning the remote went bad on my ipilot. I originally thought it was the battery because it is nearly two years old and has never been replaced. Came off the water and picked up a new battery but still the remote only displayed a picture of a lock when I pressed a button. If I torqued the remote a certain way, it would display the correct image. So I called Thomas to see if he could help me. He had just came off the water but told me he would be at his shop in about 20 minutes so I met him there. Within a matter a minutes he agreed the remote was bad and gave me a new one. Back to the water I went.

I made a mistake by not checking to see if the remote would work before I left, but since it did what it was supposed to do with the push of a button and it was brand new I assumed all was good. Launched the boat and went to program the remote but it wouldn't take. Back to see Thomas. He brought out his personal remote that we knew was good and couldn't get it to learn either. So he pulled the ipilot off of my motor and was going to test it with the one on his motor. Upon removal we discovered some rattling inside of my ipilot. Installed the one from his motor and it worked like it was supposed to. He checked his inventory and didn't have a new one to give me, so I thought I was going to have to wait for parts. What happened next is why I'm writing this now.

Thomas told me that he had a second trolling motor at home that he could use. He let me borrow the ipilot head off of HIS own PERSONAL motor until my parts come in from Minn Kota. He assured me he had a second motor and wouldn't lose out on any fishing time, and this would allow me to be able to use my motor.

Customer service just does not get any better than that. If you have trouble with your trolling motor, don't hesitate to call on Thomas at Hwy 70 East Pawn.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
That is just unheard of these days. Excellent!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I figured we could add more praise for Thomas here as well. My buddy was having a problem with his MK trolling motor not working after water filled his recessed foot pedal mount. Not knowing anyone in the area, I searched here and gave his Thomas' number. He called and met with him a few days later. I guess he looked at it, found the issue with some corroded connectors and gave him what he needed to get up and running. Can't beat that in my book. Matt said he was more than willing to help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.