NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting together with some friends for another attempt at our anual MLK camping trip to Cape Lookout, mostly fishing for specks at the jetty from the surf and/or 25 ft parker. The last couple years the weather has been a bust, so we ended up sitting around in a trailer at Harker's island stuffing our faces and drinking. So this year trying to think of some back up plans and was thinking that targeting stripers more inland may be a good option. What's been the story at Mann's harbor the last few years? Used to be red hot in the winter, but I haven't been since new Year's day 2007. I've never fished the bridges at New Bern. Would that be a good option at that time? Trolling, casting, or both? Also never done the 32 bridge on the Albemarle either. Any advice would be appreciated. Need to put these boys on some fish.

Bluecrab
Greenville, NC

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Getting together with some friends for another attempt at our anual MLK camping trip to Cape Lookout, mostly fishing for specks at the jetty from the surf and/or 25 ft parker. The last couple years the weather has been a bust, so we ended up sitting around in a trailer at Harker's island stuffing our faces and drinking. So this year trying to think of some back up plans and was thinking that targeting stripers more inland may be a good option. What's been the story at Mann's harbor the last few years? Used to be red hot in the winter, but I haven't been since new Year's day 2007. I've never fished the bridges at New Bern. Would that be a good option at that time? Trolling, casting, or both? Also never done the 32 bridge on the Albemarle either. Any advice would be appreciated. Need to put these boys on some fish.

Bluecrab
Greenville, NC
you live in one of the best rock fishiers in the state .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.