NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went out this morning to a special place on the familiar waters of Contentnea creek with my brother in law and his brother. We hit the waters around 8 and it didn't take long. Third cast and I had a 3 lb american shad on the line bulldogging me. Shortly after I had another on.. As always with shad fishing, they are on then off then on again.. so keep at it. My first 2 hit the white grub with a red eyed white/chart jig head. The rest all took the infamous silver spoon. Total for me was 8 for the day with several hooked and lost. But the best surprise was this guy, marking a PB for me!

Water Smile Sky Plant Tree

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Nice catch!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great Shad! Looks like you were on the bank, is the Contentnea down enough to float yet?

Darrell
Water is definitely going down. Its just about bank level. There were some big downed trees on the stretch were I was. The water is moving at a good clip but would be safe to float, especially down stream, just have to watch for obstructions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.