NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I get tired of all the comments I get about my fishing kayak. Still see people all the time that act like they've never seen a fishing kayak before. I'd hate to see all the comments and conversation you'd get about that thing lol!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I think I'd just rig a jetski. or 5k will buy a lot of johnboat. Neat but I also worry about the "electronic steering and controls" I see wiring corrosion issues in it's future because it disassembles.

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have one, got it in December. I've had it in various rivers 4-5 times this spring. Allows you to get to some skinny water places that most yak fishermen can't get to. My favorite thing is to go upstream in a larger river, then go up smaller tribs that are difficult to access. Biggest downside: the multitude of questions anytime you stop long enough for someone to see it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one, got it in December. I've had it in various rivers 4-5 times this spring. Allows you to get to some skinny water places that most yak fishermen can't get to. My favorite thing is to go upstream in a larger river, then go up smaller tribs that are difficult to access. Biggest downside: the multitude of questions anytime you stop long enough for someone to see it.
How long would you say fuel actually lasts you?

·
Registered
29 Posts
WSanford, the gas can holds 3 gallons, and the most I've ever used is a gallon after about 2.5 hours of riding, including upstream.
Darrell, I've been wanting to connect with you anyway, and I travel to Hickory every week. Would be glad to let you give it a spin.
Clay

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
I think I'd just rig a jetski. or 5k will buy a lot of johnboat. Neat but I also worry about the "electronic steering and controls" I see wiring corrosion issues in it's future because it disassembles.
5K in my area won't buy much of a John boat. People hang on to these and decent used are nearly as much as new.

Oh, you're the one-jk

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
For those that followed this thread, here is a short clip going upstream in the Yadkin at about 12 mph.[video=youtube;WgGeGud0EtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgGeGud0EtI[/video]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts