NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the infamus tackle monkey attacked me on my way to my mom's house -to get the boat-around 5 am..there i was going thru my prefishing mental check list.. when there it was a yardsale with rods and reels everywhere.. the monkey slammed on the brakes causing a u-turn. he dragged me from the truck while fingering the cash in my pocket.. i got a pinnacle reel, a shimano rod an pflugher reel,a hand full of crankbaits,and some hooks.. when i came to my senses i went on to my mothers house with new tackle but empty pockets..:(:( you know we really need an early warning device to prepare for tackle monkey attacks..

zooker

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I know the feeling. I'm driving a 94 Jeep Cherokee that I bought new. It's got 265K miles. It is honed to identify fishing stuff at yard sales, flea markets and tackle shops. Turns in and parks automatically. For instance I had to go to Four Seasons Mall in Greensboro last week. Started to leave and Jeep made two right turns and before I knew what was going on it had parked at Gander Mountain right at the front door in the handicapped space. Thinking about getting a bumper sticker that reads: BEWARE THIS CAR UNDER INFLUENCE OF TACKLE MONKEY.:D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
THE MONKEY NEVER SLEEPS !!!!:eek:

Reactions: LiveBait

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
You aren't the only one Zook. He didn't hit me so hard though. A dozen bead head nymphs, several gold hopkins shorty's and a few packs of gotcha jig heads....All before most folks got out of bed. I believe when he left you, he flew on down to me. I also picked up a Lew's flipping stick but that was resold within 45 min.....

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
There is no predicting the monkey. We have no idea what so ever when he might strike............and there is nothing that we can do about it!

Need I quote Fojoloy again?!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
You guys have absolutely no will power. The Tackle Monkey is totally powerless as far as I am concerned. I FEAR NO MONKEY!!! LOL
Fellas - we have nothing to worry about for the rest of the week, the tackle monkey has seen the gauntlet thrown down and will be focusing solely on UConn for a while.....:D

A fella in the Phillipines once told me, Never spit on a monkey...............

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I didn't get attacked by the fishing tackle monkey but the football monkey at the coaches clinic in greensboro last week. Was like if a fisherman was to walk into a store that combined bass pro shops, gander mountain, dicks and that tex's place all into an area about the size of large gym. Shoulder to shoulder goodies. Could have spent my budget and the school's within 10 minutes easy.:D Good thing the head coach was with me to keep me under control.:eek:

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Fellas - we have nothing to worry about for the rest of the week, the tackle monkey has seen the gauntlet thrown down and will be focusing solely on UConn for a while.....:D

A fella in the Phillipines once told me, Never spit on a monkey...............
A fella at Bush Gardens told me never poke the monkey on the nose..

UConn's playin with fire!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
You guys have absolutely no will power. The Tackle Monkey is totally powerless as far as I am concerned. I FEAR NO MONKEY!!! LOL
There are some things that you just don't do: Tug on Superman's cape-- pull on The Lone Ranger's mask--OR poke the Tackle Monkey with a sharp stick. Something like that???:D Could lead to Tackle Monkey Revenge.:eek:

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Ever see that Capital One commercial where that lady goes in for a home loan, then the monkey is ridin on her back.. Someone needs to make a fishin commercial like that!

Anyone remember the Stren fishin line commercial?
Guy lookin at fishin line, has a spool of brand X in his hand,
then this guy in a fish suit walks up and slaps it out of his hand
says, You think you can catch my scaly butt with that?
What if I fight back? then pushes the guy...

ah man, that's funny stuff....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.