NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone in NC!!!

Here is our exciting report all the way from Texas...Maybe everything is a little bigger...:D

We headed down to High Island rv park for 4 nights of camping and BTB fishing.
Fishing was really slow with one bull red Tuesday morning (still looking for the pic)
Wednesday was a different story with Brooke catching the BIGGIE...51" and pending Texas catch and release record!!!!!!!!!!!
couple of pics...

Thursday morning we got into them pretty good with 9 bull reds and 3 sharks being caught between the two of us.
Here are the pics...

Ty

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Thanks, Ty!

Striper Junquette, I asked Ty to come over and post this, for you and all your "girlie girl" fisher-friends!

And just to convince myself that it actually is possible to land something that size from a 12 foot kayak. I gotta go to Texas and learn from a pro!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Welcome to the boards and congratulations on the Red. You're really going to stir our yakers up now! My caculations estimate the weight between 59 and 61 lbs based on a 30" girth. Definately a wall hanger. Cool hats by the way. Don't think I've ever seen any of those out on the water here in NC. You definitly got the Texas style!
Gery

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
That is AWESOME!!! Congrats!:D

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'll go ahead and say it. great fishing report and perfect outing.

But..................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you post some more pictures of Brooke. LOL.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.