NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of going up next weekend with my family staying here and floating the river to the campground. I know it's primitive but is it a decent place to stay? We'd need a shuttle to take us up.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The Dan River Co. can give you a shuttle up river but you should make an appointment as they tend to get busy on the weekends.

I'm not sure what the status of the campground is. They've opened and closed so many times I can't keep count. You may want to post a message to http://www.facebook.com/HangingRockNc?fref=ts and see what they know. The last time I stayed there was when it was privately owned, many years ago. It was clean and quiet.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I just got home from camping with the boyscouts at Hanging Rock state park. Right in that area. Good place to camp.

We were in the group camping area which is primitive; no showers, but a very nice outhouse (not an oxymoron, believe it or not). Spots are $13 a night in that.

Reactions: EvBlue
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.