NC Angler Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Brim feed on bass, crappie feed on bass, bass feed on bass and a lot of fishermen feed on bass ............ just sayin'

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
As much as I hate trash fish tearing up my lures, I cant see killing them for no reason. I know some who like to feed the racoons when they catch one, thats not for me. I cant see them being any more detrimental to the bass population than anything else... thats how nature works, the strong survive.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
They have been here longer than the bass and are native too. Please do a google search. They look similar to Snake Heads who are invasive and do not belong here. Bowfin as well as Gar are among some of the oldest species . They are gladiators and willing to do battle on rod and reel!! What fighters!! If one wants to have a battle royal then tackle them on a fly rod!! That's how they got the name Swamp Muskies!!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Blackfish are my target fish of choice and it makes me fuming mad when I got to the boat ramp and see piles of beautiful fish baking in the sun, sometimes even ones up to six or seven pounds. If I was to go to Harris and leave a pile of eight lb bass at the ramp how would it make you feel? I love to hunt and I have no problem killing fish but it is a waste of our resources to just leave them there. It's like going through the woods and cutting down every other tree to just let it rot for no rhyme or reason. I'm the farthest thing from a tree hugger but you have to learn to respect the world that God gave you,

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
It is stupid in my opinion to kill for no good reason a species that has been around for 150 million years. They have coexisted with bass for eons and both species are thriving, so throw them back, don't kill them. Bass, especially large ones, will eat small bowfins, as bowfins eat small bass. It's nature's way, and she has it right, it's only when **** Sapiens interferes with our supposed "superior brain" that things go awry!

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I don't want to start a debate but I think this one is headed for a shutdown after this. A lot of us say we are Christians but yet we mention dates of 150 million years ago. Evolution and God's creation are totally separate. I believe the world has only been here a little over 6,000 years. Also I have read in this thread again that nature will always take care of itself aside from the stupid humans that interfere. I get that thought from this thread and so many others. My friends God gave us dominion over the animals and you can read that in Genesis. We need to preach responsibility and to take care of the earth but a human is the only living thing with a never dying soul. Animals don't and never will compare to humans.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
It is stupid in my opinion to kill for no good reason
Dominion by definition is to assume authority over. A responsible authority at that. The quote above is dead on in my book, regardless of your political or religous views. It burns me up to hear about guys killing something with no intent to use any portion of the kill. If im going to kill something there is going to be a reason behind it. Meaningless death is wasteful and sinful in my honest opinion.

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I agree on that Fish Fiend but you know as good as I do that in the present world animals are almost considered to be higher than humans. Outer banks bird and sea turtle worship for example.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.