NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have been scouting new waters before my friend comes down from Greensboro to fish this weekend. He's an avid bass fisherman, told him I'd try to put him on some drum.

Caught these 2 while walking the bank and casting topwaters and vudu shrimp. Lots of blow-ups. Drum were busting bait actively, even saw a big shrimp get chased all the way onto the sand right near my feet.

With all the bait in the water it was harder to hook up even though they were actively feeding on the surface. Right before it started getting dark I decided to work my spook through the bait balls and then dead stick it and let it float for much longer pauses. This helped it stand out better/injured looking from the live bait offerings swimming around. Fish released.

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are a dang drum czar! What time of day were you catching them?
Haha I'm no czar but been getting into them better lately with better temps. I usually fish either really early or late afternoon/evening. Lately it's been after work, and the bite turns on as the sun starts fading, 6pm and later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.