NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of those on NCAngler that know me through this forum either by personal meetings and/or by my frequent posting to this forum is that I often refer to my fishing buddy, David Jarman...I need your prayers that the doctors can figure out and properly treat what happened or what is happening to my great friend and more of a brother. We were out at Tull's Mill Pond today having a pretty good day of fishing. I am not suppose to drive (Just had my left hip replaced in mid July...I normally drive his truck to pull his bass boat as he isn't supposed to drive long distances due to Minears Disease) so he drove out there from Jacksonville this a.m. We were both relearning how to fish with a cane pole (The new expandable ones) to go after all of the various pan fish at Tull's. I haven't fished with a cane pole since I was three years old. We were having a great time getting unsnagged most of the first two hours when he started acting like he was truly drunk. About ten a.m. he slammed the boat into a tree and then ran us aground and then laughed it off telling me he was having an episode of Minears. By 1 p.m. I had enough but it took us over two hours to get back to the ramp as he ran us up on a huge log and it took a long time to get off of it. I drove us back to Jacksonville and his wife took him to the ER at Onslow Memorial Hospital. Well she just called me (1:15 a.m.) and told me they are still running tests but now have him on a by-pass machine (Whatever that is?). I have had some truly great friends over the years with having served twenty-one years in the Marine Corps', but never one that I called a brother more then a friend. Please pray that the doctors can find and properly treat what is wrong!!! Thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He was diagnosed with pneumonia in his left lung and two medications that he was taking as not working while taken together, especially while he was having difficulty breathing. I thought doctors knew what they are prescribing when they prescribe medications. He is home now and taking even more medication. Thanks for the prayers. I know for a fact that prayers work, and I'll never stop asking for them when needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts