NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanting to take the wife and kids to morehead city/atlantic beach area this week and was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere nice and cheap to stay. Planning on taking son out on capt. stacey while the wife and girls shop, and spend one day at the aquariam at pine knoll shores. Anyway, looking for suggestions on a place to stay.
Thanks
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Carolina Princess or Continental Shelf headboats will be great choices. I've heard some negatives on Capt Stacy lately. Oceana Hotel is older but not bad for the $$ on the oceanfront They also have an indoor pool...outdoor pool ,playground and a fishing pier..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Carolina Princess is a great boat I caught a lot of fish !
not sure of the Continental Shelf they gave me a runaround, I drove 500 miles to go out on the Continental Shelf but they didn't go out (weather was good)?
Shakie

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Man if you are going this week, you are BRAVE... the seafood festival is this weekend it's gonna be just plain slammed down there.
Oh man..I forgot about that tourist trap madness!! Wonder how many will get sick this year!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Rooms are booked all the way back up Hwy 17 to Washington according to local news..

·
Registered
310 Posts
wanting to take the wife and kids to morehead city/atlantic beach area this week and was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere nice and cheap to stay.
I scored a room this Monday at Bogue Shores Suites for the weekend. I can't vouch for the place as I've never stayed there... but I thought the rates were good as the previous 10 places I called wanted an arm and a leg. Plus they have a ramp and some boat slips.

Also check out North Carolina's Crystal Coast-Hotel Accommodations and Vacation Rentals for a pretty complete list from Harkers Island down to Emerald Isle/Swansboro. As of Monday there were some places available down shore from AB.

Hope this helps :)

Mike C.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.