NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading down to Morehead for the fourth with the family. Weather permitting I would like to let the kids catch a fish. My question is where can I take them without a boat? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and suggestions. I don't have a surf rig only stout freshwater/inshore gear for flinging a popping cork or a jig head and gulp. Would that work for Ft. Macon?

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
That'll work just fine at Fort Macon or the surf. You don't need a big giant surf rod unless you plan on slinging bait out to the second bar which you don't need to do. I would suggest fresh shrimp or mud minnows for your best chance at Fort Macon. You should also expect there to be a CROWD. Check out Chasin Tails for the latest fishing report and any supplies that you need. http://chasintailsoutdoors.com/fishing-reports.php

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
The storm will likely pass very early Friday and be gone by later in the day. Will that be likely to have much effect on fishing? If it is bad, there could be problems with power and roads that could make the trip a little dicey...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trigger 22, thanks for the tips. I always go by Chasin tails when I'm down that way. Nice folks. I also have to stop off at Lew's in Havelock on the way down. He's a great guy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts