NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out this morning and was going to hit Bond Park. Decided I would catch something to eat on my way. Unfortunately couldn't find anything in Cary that's open at 5am plus that towns sign rules make it impossible to find anything. Finally decided to hit a different easy access lake for a few hours.

Started out out for a few hours since I knew by 7 I would be starving, tried the new spook learning how to walk the dog with it. No action on it so started tossing my favorite buzz. Worked the banks for about 30 minutes not a swipe at all and finally at about 6am one takes a swipe and miss about two feet from the shore at the end of my retrieve. This bass was HUGE shocked me that it hit that close since the water wasn't deep enough for him to swim. Frustrated with the miss tossed the worm in that spot and could not get it excited.

saw another guy on other end of the lake so headed that direction since there is another sot with lots of cover near bank I wanted to work. Again tried the buzz and spook nuthing. Moved around a cove and finally got a nice 1.5 pounder to take the buzz.

worked the buzz till about 630 and decided to switch to a worm. The other guy was tossing worm and maybe a crank didn't see him have any luck. Put on a trick wom t rigged and started to work another area. Third cast I feel a bump not a tap,tap and waited for a second and than noticed line started to move took out the slack set the hook and another 1.5 pounder goes flying out of the water.

before heading out for some food I tried original spot with top water but no luck so,worked trick worm again. Second cast no tap tap just see line start moving set hook and got another 1.5 pounder the one in the picture.

decided to grab some breakfast and decided to try Umstead on way home. Got there worked the buzz in three spots, shifted to a crank and. OT a thing. Finally went with a worm and after 30 minutes of not a nibble moved to an area that has always produced for me.

Had a done tap tap and nothing and that two others that tap tap tapped and seemed to be running but must have been small ones since never got them to get the hook set.

as I am loading up the highlander and my rods into,it I bump one of the tips on the car top and snap there goes my rod tip. Looks like I will be putting a new tip on later today.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
hate that the rod broke man.... those monsters right at your feet have been the bane of my existence lately. gonna try starting to slow roll the bait the last 5-10 feet and see if that makes a difference

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went to the spot you showed me on Lake Lynn...was about 8an. Worked the new buzz bait for a half hour.....no luck. Switched to my little 1-3 ft minnow crank bait....still no luck. Probably to late in the morning and got to warm. Nice looking fish btw. Hope your enjoying retirement!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to the spot you showed me on Lake Lynn...was about 8an. Worked the new buzz bait for a half hour.....no luck. Switched to my little 1-3 ft minnow crank bait....still no luck. Probably to late in the morning and got to warm. Nice looking fish btw. Hope your enjoying retirement!
I almost went to Lynn this morning but umstead was calling. Glad I didn't miss anything another buddy tried topwater there yesterday morning early no luck that's why I went for something different this morning.

the water I fished in was warm the fish felt like they were coming out of a hot tub

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
For future reference, there are some places to eat (McD might be the only one at 5) not far away from Bond at High House and Cary Parkway. Sorry about the rod...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For future reference, there are some places to eat (McD might be the only one at 5) not far away from Bond at High House and Cary Parkway. Sorry about the rod...
oh i found it at 730 but at 5AM none of those places have lit signs must be cary restriction thing and my google search didn't find that mcdd as closest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts