NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some options for cheap accommodations along the lower Neuse. Oriental has a couple of motels but are fairly pricey. Rental travel trailers at a campground are ok too. Anyone have some suggestions? Either side of the river is fine too but closer toward the mouth the better. Thanks !

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Havelock has some cheaper motels if that's what you have in mind. Military base - Cheap lodging near by

Airb&b had a couple of nicer cottages in that area.

You can rent a trailer from Frank & Rachel in Bay River campground

Just a few options.....

Reactions: Spider Crack

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I see several places listed nearby on Airbnb.com

Not necessarily recommending, but I'd be curious to hear if others have used this service and/or any of the nearby listings.

// joel

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I used it to rend a cabin in WV. Rented whole cabin, so no sharing issue. THink I paid $75 a night for 3 days for a private cabin on a trout stream (in theory) plust like $40 in extra charges for the 3 days.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, Rivers Edge also has campers for rent on BR but I was hoping to get a little closer to the areas I plan to fish. I'll have to check out airbnb.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I've used AirBnB several times and have always had a great experience with it. We've always done it where we rented an entire house, shared it w/ 2 or more couples and it usually comes out cheaper then if each couple rented a hotel room. Plus the houses are usually stocked w/ cooking utensils, dishes, etc. I love the service!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.