NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trip for browns a few weekends ago went by the wayside, maybe I should have married a fish? any way I most definitly am headed out for some browns this weekend. considering the wilson area still, however the santeelah is tantalizing as well. Does anybody out there have some input?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input guys! I didn't get it till I was back but its good to know anywho! I ended up going to lost cove on sat. both the fishing and the scenery was unbeatable!! I would have stayed all weekend but a bit of a wind storm blew up sat. night and su.
It was pretty exciting in the tent(some pretty serious wind gusts about 50 mph) but no fire that night! The wind looked to ruin the day for flycasting so I headed down to the davidson and north mills did alright on the davidson no monsters but I did see some! Did really well on the n. mills delayed harvest section. Lots of nice brookies and rainbows on both dries and nymphs.I really liked the area around wilson however, much more my style than the somewhat overrun davidson area.I'll be heading back to lost cove this weekend that place deserves some exploration!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Water is up now after the rains. Wilson Creek area is my home waters. Harpers Creek(North and South), Gragg Prong, Little Wilson, Lost Cove, Rockhouse, Andrews. Don't leave out Wilson Creek, there are some nice fish there. Yeah, lots to explore. Glad you had a decent trip. Wind was awefull Sun. Where are you staying in the area?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. guys!! Its been awhile since I posted. the mt. trip was so so. Lost cove was really slow so I took crummy's advice and tried wilson and did pretty well. Beautiful water!!! thanks again for all the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.