NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the wife and I have moved back to Asheville after a couple of years down in Beaufort. I have to say while it is good to be back in the mountains, I have missed the easy access to fishing I had on the coast (missing the cobia, early blues, redfish, flounder, mullet, etc right now). I am an inshore fanatic! I have made the cross state move multiple times (6 to be exact)...I love North Carolina and can't decide where to stay!!!!:)

Since back I have been floating the French Broad trying to learn about the smallies. My wife and I met as river guides in Madison county years ago and floating that river is great but I never fished for them before. Grew up fishing Lake Junaluska mainly as a kid then trout streams as I got older. I am looking to explore lakes. We love spending time on our boat at the coast and I just picked up a 15 ft boat here (outboard, trolling motor and fish finder) to go to some of the surrounding lakes. Mainly LM bass and catfish I want to target, but have been reading about salmon in Nantahala Lake but really want to go after some Stripers. I have caught them on the coast and Roanoke, and used to raise them for NC State at an aquaculture facility I operated and managed for them. I love those fish for aggressiveness and as table fare.

Help me figure out the best lakes tackle, etc that I can make day trips to from Asheville to target some of these fish!!

Thanks for reading and hopefully I can get some fishing in with some of you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.