NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved to NC relatively recently (Triad area). Bought a fishing Kayak last year (3waters BigFish 120) and spent the latter half of summer/fall fishing local reservoirs. Thanks to some old posts here I had some luck at Salem Lake, Randleman, HPCL, and Belews. Hope to contribute a few fishing reports this season, and to get more experience on the rivers (Yadkin, New, and whatever else you all suggest). Made one trip to the coast and caught a single speckled trout (Avon, NC), but would like learn more about that part of the state as well.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
There is a wide variety of fishing to be had in the Carolinas and southern Virginia. I don't live there any more but I grew up there; welcome to the area!

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
If you go to the fishing club section check out the Red X Anglers. We have events all over the state. Next up is Kerr Scott Reservoir May 10, 11 in Wilkesboro. That’s a lake and Yadkin float. Then comes the New River (south fork) smallmouth trip in the mountains on August 2,3,4. The posts are up with the details. We hit the coast in the fall too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.