NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My wife and I are moving to North Carolina from Washington state which became no longer viable for us due to political and economic conditions. That's a story for another day....but we're looking forward to contributing to North Carolina and our local community and really embrace living in NC.
I have been an active sportsman for most of my life and I love to fish and turkey hunt. I served as a local NWTF chapter President and also had the opportunity to coordinate a youth event (JAKES) in our local area to allow kids a chance to experience the outdoors. It was very rewarding.
Living in Washington state, the fishing was predominately salmon fishing which I only did once, but I did do some bottom fishing for ling cod and black sea bass.
But now, I'm looking forward to learning largemouth bass fishing. I have some knowledge and I have been watching every video I can find on bass fishing on YT.
At some point, I would like to make some friends and maybe someone will take me under their wing and help me along the way. I'm glad to be part of this online community and learning some things here and hopefully adding to the conversations as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello! My wife and I are moving to North Carolina from Washington state which became no longer viable for us due to political and economic conditions. That's a story for another day....but we're looking forward to contributing to North Carolina and our local community and really embrace living in NC.
I have been an active sportsman for most of my life and I love to fish and turkey hunt. I served as a local NWTF chapter President and also had the opportunity to coordinate a youth event (JAKES) in our local area to allow kids a chance to experience the outdoors. It was very rewarding.
Living in Washington state, the fishing was predominately salmon fishing which I only did once, but I did do some bottom fishing for ling cod and black sea bass.
But now, I'm looking forward to learning largemouth bass fishing. I have some knowledge and I have been watching every video I can find on bass fishing on YT.
At some point, I would like to make some friends and maybe someone will take me under their wing and help me along the way. I'm glad to be part of this online community and learning some things here and hopefully adding to the conversations as well. Thanks!
Welcome Brother... Which part of NC your moving to will be very helpful to know so we in NC can advise... i've got a friend who moved to Washington State 12 years ago.. He's moving back this year for the same reason btw.. lol as far as political.. understand the center of the state is Blue...the other sides as in mountains and coast are more Red.. just for info of my experience of being here for 51 years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome. We're staying with our kids in Fuquay-Varina until we purchase our home at some undetermined city/county. Washington state is blue west of the Cascade Mountains. Once you go over the pass, it's red, but King County dominated the entire state politicaly and economically. Thank you for the offer to advise. I may hit you up at a later date if that's okay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome. We're staying with our kids in Fuquay-Varina until we purchase our home at some undetermined city/county. Washington state is blue west of the Cascade Mountains. Once you go over the pass, it's red, but King County dominated the entire state politicaly and economically. Thank you for the offer to advise. I may hit you up at a later date if that's okay.
No Problem Man... Bass aren't a biggy until you get into a tournament lol..... easy to learn the basics... your going to be in the center then .. plenty of lakes to have great fishing with which i'm not going to be much help with as i'm a salty.... don't worry you will not have issues with open arms here in NC.. just for a possible google bass clubs in Fuquay'Varina... I used to buy alot of prize chickens there lol...funny I Know but many hobbies in my life... Welcome Bro

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I am in Holly Springs, minutes from Fuquay-Varina. Harris, Jordan and Falls Lake are close by with good fishing, some small smaller bodies of water too. I keep a boat in Holly Springs and one at the coast, occasionally venture to the western part of the state for trout, so might be able to help out with some fishing info, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in Holly Springs, minutes from Fuquay-Varina. Harris, Jordan and Falls Lake are close by with good fishing, some small smaller bodies of water too. I keep a boat in Holly Springs and one at the coast, occasionally venture to the western part of the state for trout, so might be able to help out with some fishing info, etc.
That's great! Thank you for the offer. I appreciate it. Let's keep in touch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Craig
Still looking for a bass fishing partner?
Give me a shout I'm in Holly Springs an love bass fishing i go a minimum of once per week
Klu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts