NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, i am an avid bass fisherman that has fished kerr quite a bit in years past and find it one of the best bodies of water that i have ever fished. i am living in wv right now but we are planning on moving to the henderson area this time next year. would love any info on local bass clubs to join. well that is all for right now, and i look foward to seeing you on the water.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Run over to Satterwhite Marina on Satterwhite Point and tell those guys what your looking for. Any club up there I promise you they know about!

Reactions: anglerddf

·
Registered
16 Posts
welcome aboard anglerddf..I live near buggs island lake/kerr lake on the va side, mainly I crappy fish there alot, but there is plenty of bass..would suggest the kerr-buggs island visitors fishing webpage Kerr / Buggs Island Lake Fishing Report ( www.kerrlake.info/fishing )
these guys can help you out with bass clubs etc ...good group of guys, will give tips n' tricks too.
sobosteve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for the info, i will have to check that page out. the last time that i was down there for a tournament one evening we went out and did some crappie fishing and just slayed them. it was the first time that i had been crappie fishing and i fell in love with it. that is my problem now, where i live here in wv the fishing is horrible. not at all like i was used to in va. plus the fish that you do catch in the rivers and creeks here, you have to throw back, you can not keep them to eat because of high mecury levels. it is a different kind of fishing all together than what i am used to. i really like the town of boydton, i think it is, and the tackle shop bobcats, one of my favorites. well thanks again and catch a few for me, while i am still up here.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hello Anglerddf. Welcome to the board and I hope that you do get to move next spring. NC is a wonderful state with moderate temps and a slower pace. Plus, there is fishing from one end to the other. All kinds of fish. Kerr is a huge lake. Longest shoreline milage in the state. Water from 2 feet to over 85' depending on where you go. Lake levels have an effect on the fishing. Sometimes the water is up and the bass are back in the bushes that are normally dry, and you just can't get in close enough to get them. Sometimes, way low and it is hard to fish because the points are exposed and the fish have gone deep. But, it is a beautiful place with all kinds of fishing challenges. Stripers, Crappie, Bass, Cats, Bream, and I understand from some of the locals, that even Walleye are in there now. Sundrop is right, Satterwhite Point is the place to go. Nutbush, Buggs Island, and so many other spots to keep you busy. Look forward to hearing from you more in the future. Tight Lines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.