NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moving to Wilmington, NC from AZ. Short trip. I just picked up my Sun Tracker Bass Buggy 18 and now I need to transport it to NC. Do you think it is worth towing this boat across the country? Are there plenty of places for me to launch my boat and have a good time cruising and fishing? Does anyone see pontoons on the Intercostal? Are there fresh water options for me out there? Thanks.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The NE Cape Fear made a huge comeback this year from the Hurricane, but it didn't hold a candle to the fishing in Black River. Only issue with Black River is that it can get extremely low. You'll run a pontoon aground there when it's like that. If the water is up, you'll have no issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Moving to Wilmington, NC from AZ. Short trip. I just picked up my Sun Tracker Bass Buggy 18 and now I need to transport it to NC. Do you think it is worth towing this boat across the country? Are there plenty of places for me to launch my boat and have a good time cruising and fishing? Does anyone see pontoons on the Intercostal? Are there fresh water options for me out there? Thanks.
SOCCS11
If you have not made your decision, call me. I made be able to provide some insights. I live in Wilmington, boat and fish here in both salt, fresh and brackish.
910-800-1754

·
Registered
393 Posts
The NE Cape Fear made a huge comeback this year from the Hurricane, but it didn't hold a candle to the fishing in Black River. Only issue with Black River is that it can get extremely low. You'll run a pontoon aground there when it's like that. If the water is up, you'll have no issues.
I’m not familiar with the Black River and google maps shows several options. Which are you referring too?

~JOE~

·
Registered
350 Posts
I’m not familiar with the Black River and google maps shows several options. Which are you referring too?

~JOE~
Black River is kust west of the town of Atkinson on Hwy 53. Google Hunts Bluff ramp. There's only one Wildlife ramp on the lower end of the river.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the information. Can't wait to get out there and use my boat much more than I can out here in AZ. It's too hot to go out on a boat unless you go out very early and get off the lake before noon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts