NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the steamplant at sunrise. VERY foggy. Plant was on and LMB`s biting pretty good.I know Snakehead caught about 10. Most all caught on worms on bottom. Carolina rig and texas rig. Seems like any worm between dark up to green.Think 2 fish caught on top. Some surface breaking, not sustained.
Capt. Ron got to meet Pete, who posts on here.I only got to say good morning as I went by to meet the rest. You couldn`t see 20 ft. Thought I would float out later and talk to him. Didn`t get to because 2 guys we didn`t know were yakfishing and he executed a perfect "wet exit". It was right about freezing. Lucky for him we build a mean fire and in 30 min he was literally steaming. The other guy owned both yaks and it was the first time David( now aka "steamy") had been in one. He did stay and fished some more. We`ll be back in the a.m. Hopefully they`ll be the same tomorrow. I`m gonna fish tomorrow hard, even if somebody falls in.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
haha i seen that pile of wood later on in the afternoon. nice to run into yall out there this am. i trolled all the way up the lake until the fog lifted enough and i made a run up to the mcdowel creek area only to run into a wall of mud/debris. trolled back down and connected with a lm between there and latta. ran back up to the steam station around noon and did catch a 15 inchish striper there right at the skimmer on the ol trusty "lil fishy" and had another lm jump off. the rain has shut the striper down. ill probably hit norman in the morning.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hothole kinda died off on Sun. Water was still on but barely. Not very warm. Everybody managed to hook up. Me, Snakehead, & Tilly. Same as Sat. all LMB`s, on worms.I had a decent one go OVER my paddle.
Sorry, I didn`t meet up with you Pete. Snakehead loves the lil fishie like nobody I ever met and he normally does good with them.
Me and Snakehead hit Allen plant steamstation before the Superbowl but he only caught 1 LMB. There was a decent amount of surface activity, gulls and fish poppin shad. We both got right on top of them numerous times but didn`t hook up. They seemed very small (like the shad) and just weren`t willing to hit a normal size bait. Could`ve downsized I but was just happy to be out and wanted to watch the game. Few crappies were caught off the bank.
The laotian guy (T) did show back up Sun. He`s only yakked 3 times. Steamy didn`t make it . May be because HE FELL IN AGAIN AFTER WE LEFT ON SAT!!!
Got some pics but nothing you all haven`t seen plenty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.