NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, went back to the pond today to ensure Speedcraws were no fluke (no pun intended) and I was not disappointed. Got 2 right off the bat then the rain came and seemed to shut 'em down, except for this sunfish whose eyes were a whole lot bigger then his mouth :eek:. The one pic is the weed patch I was pitching to.

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
It's no fluke. Finally picked up some speedcraws myself and tried them out tonight. Caught a little 1# to start on a finesse worm. Then played with some crappie with a roostertail. Switched to speedcraw and really got busy. 4 more small bass hit it. Missed 2 though and they took the whole craw with them. Odd, I usually don't lose plastic unless it's torn up. One fiesty guy crushed it close the weeds as I dragged it along the surface. Biggest fish was a bowfin, again on speedcraw. Fun evening.

P07-19-14_19.54.jpg P07-19-14_20.25[1].jpg P07-19-14_19.03.jpg P07-19-14_20.16.jpg

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
You're welcome . I been bass fishing since I was around ten, and have never seen anything to beat those baits. It will work when others won't (caught two six pounders in December one day at HPCL), and they're not that expensive. The design is impeccable, the flat, recurved pinchers really kick up turbulence when you impart action to it.
But, anyone that bass fishing knows they won't key on the same bait all the time. But this one will catch fish nine outta ten times. I always have one t rigged and one c rigged. Last November, my son and I caught 12 over three pounds at HPCL on a cloudy, chilly day. All on t rigged speedcraw. The thing helped me and Dennis win 7 out of 12 tournaments one year, so I kinda believe in it.lol
There are those that consider it a dink bait, but it will get the big ones too, no bass is immune to its power!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts